Learn the techniques and skills that a Product Manager needs to devise, create and manage a successful digital Product
The Digital Product Manager is often described as the “product CEO.” The success of technology companies and Startups may depend on their capabilities and vision. On the other hand, the impulse to provide continuous value is leading large organizations to move from a software delivery approach based on projects and services, to a product-centric one. Gartner considers the reorganization in Product teams as one of the greatest needs and transformations of the IS / IT departments for 2019, and the Product Manager will play a fundamental role in this change.
The Digital Product Management Master will provide you with all the knowledge and tools necessary to succeed as Digital Product Manager, the keys to lead the strategy, the creation and the continuous evolution of the Product, as well as the capabilities to communicate effectively with multi-functional teams already All levels of the organization.
Introduction – Fundamentals of Digital Product Management
In this first block we will learn to define a digital product, the differences with models oriented to projects and services, we outline the anatomy of the Product Manager and Product Owner and we will work the knowledge necessary to succeed in such a critical role.
At the same time we will familiarize ourselves with the “Lean” concepts of Product development and with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
Fundamentals of Digital Product Management
- What is and how a digital Product is defined
- The shift of service models, solutions and projects to a product-oriented model
- The role and responsibilities of the Product Owner and the Product Manager
- Anatomy of the Product Manager and necessary soft skills
Digital Product Management Frameworks
- Lean Product development concepts
- The Agile methodology in Product Management
- Definition of equipment and outputs in Scrum and Kanban
In this second block we will learn to define the strategy of a digital product focused on the value provided and focused on the end user. We will detail competitiveness analysis techniques and define product goals and metrics. We will also work pitch, one pager and product roadmap, and techniques for effective communication at all levels of the organization.
Product Vision and definition
- Strategy definition based on Business value model
- Benchmarking (Market and competitive analysis)
- Elevator Pitch
- One pager
- Objectives Definition (Goals)
- Definition of Metrics and KPIs
- Roadmap Definition
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Tradeoff sliders
- Story Mapping
- Impact Mapping
Product Ideation and design
In the third block we will focus on product ideation and design. We will learn Design Thinking and prototyping techniques to define the functionalities of our product. We will work in depth aspects such as user experience, architecture, infrastructure, security, quality metrics, cloud services, microservices and the concept of “API economy”.
- Consumer Centric Experience (CX) and User Interface
- Product Architecture Definition
- Model Buy and Build (BB) vs Adopt, Adapt.Assemble (AAA)
- Definition of quality metrics
- Security and compliancy by design
- IaaS and Saas (Infrastructure and Software as a Service)
- Design Thinking
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
The time has come to build our product. We will learn to define iterations and Sprints, manage the Product backlog, take functional requirements and write user stories. In this block we will work on the most advanced techniques of continuous delivery (Continuous Integration and Delivery), software automation and testing.
- The Product Backlog
- Requirements gathering and User Stories
- Feedback loops
- Continuous delivery via devops y Continuous Integration (CI/CD)
- Build automation
- Test automation
In the last block we will work on all aspects of measuring metrics and results that will help us make the most appropriate decisions at all times. We will learn to create automation in the reports, to insert “data” in real time and to feed back the roadmap of our product based on tangible and objective data. At the same time we will work effective techniques of Stakeholder Management and C-Level reporting.
- Product metrics measurement
- Real time data and data driven decision making
- Automation of reporting and alerts
- Stakeholders Management
- C-Level Reporting
More about Digital Product Management Master
The experience of teachers in Management sector currently working in different environments, startups and global corporations gives them the opportunity to share their market knowledge through their classes.